The Nigerian Conservation Foundation Edu Research Grant 2018 and How to Apply
Application is Ongoing for Nigerian Conservation Foundation Edu Research Grant 2018 (Supported by Chevron Nigeria Limited) for Nigerians that are going for their PhD programmes.
If You have been having financial issues in your academics or you are looking for someone to help sponsor you through your PhD programme, then don’t miss this Nigerian Conservation Foundation Edu Research Grant 2018.
The full Requirements and How to Apply for this Grant online are listed below, so kindly take time to go through guidelines and qualifications on this page in order not to make mistakes.
About The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF)
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) is the premier Non Governmental Organisation (NGO) dedicated to nature conservation and sustainable development in Nigeria. Established in 1980, the Foundation was registered in 1982 as a Charitable Trust under the Land (Perpetual Succession) Act of 1961 – a policy that was replaced by the Company and Allied Matters Act of 1990. Founded by late Chief S. L. Edu, NCF has its patron as the President and Commander In-Chief of the Armed Force of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Title: Chief S. L. Edu Research Grant
Brief Detail of The 2018 Nigerian Conservation Foundation Edu Research Grant
- The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) with support from Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) offers research grants to Nigerian citizens wishing to undertake research work in fields related to nature conservation and sustainable livelihood.
- The grant shall be to support a PhD programme. This year’s theme is ‘Mangrove Conservation and Combatting Desert Encroachment’. Candidates will be selected based on (among others) the quality of their research proposal.
Educational Qualifications and Other Requirements for The Nigerian Conservation Foundation Edu Research Grant 2018
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens.
- Candidates must have M.Sc. Degree or equivalent qualification in Biological Sciences, Social Sciences or Law (Environmental Law/Protection) but related to environmental resources management.
- Candidates must have secured admission into a Nigerian university towards a PhD degree in any of the fields stated above.
- Candidates must develop acceptable research proposals that meet NCF’s vision and mission.
- Proposals must be in line with the theme.
- A progress report (on letter headed paper) from the applicant’s Project Supervisor(s) stating how far he or she has gone in his or her research work and his/her role in the initial review, as well as the relevance to the objectives of the grant, is a very essential condition for considering any application. Please note that a reference letter is an equivalent of a Progress Report from the Supervisors(s).
- 200-word justification, with relevance to natural and environmental resource management and biodiversity conservation.
- A 3,000-word project proposal to be submitted should reflect the Title, Introduction/Statement of Problem, Objectives, Methodology and Expected Output etc.
- Curriculum vitae (not more than 2 pages detailing research and work experience),
- Scanned copy of admission letter.
How to Apply for The Nigerian Conservation Foundation Edu Research Grant
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here: ncfnigeria.org to Start Application
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2018.
- No paper application will be considered. Applicants should not submit more than one proposal for consideration.
- Please be informed that all applications will be acknowledged while only successful candidates will be contacted by the Foundation.