The Federal Fire Service Salary Structure, Ranks and How Much They Pay Workers
The Nigeria Federal Fire Service (FFS) Job Recruitment Application was Announced and the Application is ended. As a result, Applicants has been trying to know more about the Organisation and Her Recruitment Including the Salary Structure, Ranks and How much they pay workers.
Firstly, the FFS was established in 1901 by the British colonial regime. It was initiated as a unit within the Lagos Police Service Department to prevent and combat fire outbreaks in the Government Reserved Areas of Lagos Colony.
They help to reduce the outbreak of fire and related emergencies to a minimum level through Training, Policy and Regulation, Public Enlightenment, Research, and Capacity Building. Also ensuring the safety of lives, property, and environment through adequate preparedness.
The Federal Fire Service is, therefore, a paramilitary organization, under the supervision of the Minister of the Federal Ministry of Interior, with the Controller-General as its Head.
In other words, it may interest you to know that the Nigeria Federal Fire Service pay scales is done according to ranks of the officers. Beginning from the highest rank staff to the lowest position. The Federal Fire Service payslip is different from the Nigerian army salary, Custom, Airforce, Navy and Nigerian Fire service.
Federal Fire Service (FFS) Salary Structure
The Federal Fire Service ranks and salary has been much of debate for some time. Although, the new salary scale of Federal Fire Service officers has increased some years ago alongside the salaries for public servants by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2007.
Meanwhile, the new salary structure for Para-military personnel is known as the Consolidated Para-military Salary Structure (CONPASS). Which sees an increase in basic salary and allowances for Federal Fire Service and all Para-military organizations. This is different from the Nigerian army salary, Air force and the Navy.
FFS Salary Structure
- N1,405449 – Chief Inspector (CI)
- N1,325234 – Deputy Chief Inspector (DCI)
- N1,252038 – Assistant Chief Inspector (ACI)
- N1,143539 – Principal Marshal Inspector (PMI)
- N1,058,416 – Senior Marshal Inspector (SMI)
- N777,876 – Marshal Inspector I (MI-I)
- N548,387 – Marshal Inspector II (MI-II). See also: Doctors horsemanship salary in Nigeria
- N393,442 – Marshal Inspector III (MI-III)
- N966,761 – Chief Fire Marshal Assistant (CFMA)
- N539,048 – Deputy Fire Marshal Assistant (DFMA)
- N387,428 – Senior Fire Marshal Assistant (SFMA)
- N349,589 – Fire Marshal Assistant I (FMA I)
- N319,741 – Fire Marshal Assistant II (FMA II)
- N305,576 – Fire Marshal Assistant III (FMA III)
1). The average salary of Federal Fire Service service workers – N800,000-N1,400,000 annually (N50-120k monthly).
2). The highest salary is received by the General of Fire Service.
4). It was stated that salary grade level 07 is automatically moved to salary grade level 08, so this means that Federal officers salaries are growing.
To sum up, we will like to hear from you via the comment section. In order to know if we actually answered your questions about Nigeria Fire Service Salary and lots more. Therefore, don’t hesitate to share your thoughts and also ask questions via the comment section of this web page.