Looking to land a job at Progressive insurance but don’t know what the process looks like? We’ve got you covered. In this article, we will look at what goes on in each step of the progressive interview process, different types of progressive interview questions, progressive insurance assessment test answers and progressive insurance online assessment test, and tips to ace any progressive employment assessment.
Getting an interview with Progressive Insurance may feel like one of the most exciting — and terrifying — things that have ever happened to you. Progressive insurance, like most insurance companies, puts a lot of effort into finding the right person for open positions.
Now, that doesn’t mean progressive insurance wants you to fail. Instead, it simply means that they only want to hire people who have the right stuff. You can make the cut knowing the Job Interview Success Strategies for Job Seekers. So join us as we delve into the world of progressive interview questions
About progressive insurance
Progressive, which was founded in 1937, is one of the largest auto insurers in the United States. They sell policies through over 30,000 independent insurance agencies and are headquartered in Mayfield Village, Ohio.
This insurance company offers a wide range of career opportunities in human resources, legal, field sales, technology, accounting, marketing, and account management. Progressive provides internships as well as graduate programs.
Progressive provides the following employee benefits:
- Health coverage
- Vision insurance
- Retirement savings
- Paid time off
- Annual bonus program
How to answer progressive interview questions
According to the extensive list of progressive Interview questions shared by progressive candidates online, progressive employment assessment will rely heavily on situational and behavioral interview questions.
Behavioural interview questions concentrate on past behaviour as a predictor of future job success, whereas situational interview questions ask how you would handle a variety of hypothetical situations. You can also use these questions to draw on past experiences to answer how you would handle the hypothetical situation today or in the future.
From there, you can subdivide behavioral and situational interview questions into competencies like leadership and communication. The STAR method is an excellent way to answer these types of questions during an interview.
- Situation: Begin by describing the situation.
- Task: Describe the task.
- Action: Describe the action(s) you took to complete the assignment.
- Results: Share the results achieved.
Progressive interview process
- Create your profile
- Pass the screening call
- Pass progressive insurance online assessment test
- Pass the video interviews
- Pass the writing test
- Pass the “Loop” (on-site) interviews
- Pass the hiring committee reviews and get the offer
Create your profile
To apply for a job with Progressive, you must first create an online profile. The Progressive application system allows you to autofill fields with information from your resume. Before submitting your application, you must still attach your resume.
Logging into your account will allow you to check the status of your application. A recruiter will contact you if your application piques their interest. This is usually done via email.
Pass the screening call
If you pass the resume screening, an internal recruiter or HR representative will contact you for a 45-minute to 1-hour phone interview. A progressive Interview questions screening interview is used to evaluate your communication skills, motivation, work attitude, and personality.
The majority of the questions in this round will be about your career. The interviewer will go over your resume and ask about your previous jobs in chronological order. You should also expect basic fit interview questions to assess your suitability for the role. Examples of questions include:
- Why are you interested to work in progressive insurance?
- How do you imagine a typical day in this job?
- Tell me something about yourself.
- What motivates you at work?
- Which progressive insurance leadership principle resonates the most with you, and why?
- What do you like the most about progressive insurance? What do you not like?
Pass the progressive insurance online assessment test
Some progressive positions necessitate online screening. These psychometric progressive Interview questions are used to determine how well you fit in with the company, how you react in different situations and your customer service style.
You will be given a time limit within which you must complete the screening in order to continue in the hiring process. Your test results will be emailed to you within two days.
Job seekers can expect to see the following tests:
Personality assessment- The test assesses personality traits such as empathy, work ethic, and assertiveness. The test is multiple-choice, with answers such as “agree,” “disagree,” and “strongly agree.”
Situational Judgement Test- The situational judgment test is used to assess your job performance, teamwork skills, and ability to adapt to new situations. This section of the assessment test is multiple-choice, with questions based on situations you might encounter on the job. You must select the best response from the options provided.
How to Prepare for progressive insurance online assessment test
Progressive’s online assessment tests are not timed, so give yourself plenty of time to complete them. You can take the tests anywhere there is internet access, but make sure it is a reliable connection.
Answer all of the progressive insurance assessment test answers as if you were in a real-life workplace situation; these tests are evaluating your personality against the skills that the company values the most.
Thoroughly research the position for which you have applied so that you can answer questions about it.
Answer each question to the best of your ability and avoid second-guessing yourself. Read each question carefully to ensure you select the best answer; some questions may have slightly repetitive phrasing.
Above all, go into the assessments with confidence. Answering the questions without overthinking will allow you to remain stress-free while achieving a result that will allow you to continue in the hiring process.
30 Progressive Interview Questions
Here are 30 Progressive interview questions you may encounter:
- Why Progressive insurance?
- Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a crisis at work. How did you deal with it?
- Can you recall a time when you had to make a quick customer service decision without any guidance? How did you make your decision?
- How do you ensure that you handle an unfamiliar task correctly when given one?
- How do you proceed if you are given two competing priorities from two different managers?
- How much should we pay you? To answer this kind of question effective, learn about How To Answer “How Much Should We Pay You” Job Interview Question
- Tell me about a time when you faced criticism. What was your reaction to the information?
- What would you do if your boss asked you to do something risky that violated company policy?
- Tell me about a time when you were in charge of a project that went beyond your scope of work. How did you deal with it?
Progressive insurance online assessment test
- Describe a decision-making situation in which you had to deal with ambiguity.
- Can you tell me about a time when you needed to make a decision but didn’t have all of the information you needed?
- Tell me about a time when you made a bad decision in customer service. What steps did you take to address the problem?
- How do you motivate yourself, your team, or your coworkers?
- What steps do you take to establish positive, functional relationships with your coworkers?
- What would you do if a team member wasn’t doing their part?
- What steps are you taking to ensure that the customer experience is always a top priority?
Progressive employment assessment
- Tell me about a time when you disagreed with someone’s feedback. How did you handle it?
- How do you deal with a missed deadline or productivity goal?
- What do you like most about progressive insurance? What do you like least?
- Describe a time when you were overwhelmed on the job. How did you deal with it?
- Tell me about a time when you fell short of your goals. What did you do to get better?
- How do you make sure that workplace safety is always a top priority for you at work?
- What steps do you take to ensure that every customer you speak with is blown away?
- How do you ensure that you fully comprehend a customer’s requirements?
- Tell me about a time when you needed to apologize to someone.
Questions to ask the progressive insurance interviewers
Prepare a list of questions to ask your interviewer during your progressive interview. Your inquiries should be tailored to the company. As an example:
- What do you feel is the biggest challenge progressive insurance is currently facing?
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
- How would you describe the team I would be working with?
- What is a typical day like in this role?
- What qualities are required to succeed at progressive?
- Where do you see progressive insurance in five years?
- Are there any new or unusual customer trends that you are currently experiencing or anticipating??
Preparing for your Progressive Interview
Here are a few additional suggestions to help you make a great first impression on the big day:
- Every path leads back to the job description. Examine the description to remind yourself why your experience is relevant to what we’re looking for.
- Practice makes perfect. Make a list of the question examples you intend to use in your interview and practice with others or in front of a mirror to become more comfortable with your responses.
- Prepare some questions for the interview team to demonstrate your interest in the job and ensure it is a good fit for you.
- Finally, remember to be enthusiastic. This is the exciting part, where you can be more than your resume. This is just a two-person conversation. Just be yourself as much as possible.
FAQs about Progressive Interview Questions
The best way to answer progressive interview questions are:
Know when to tell a story, and when not to.
Share specific facts and data to make your answers more impressive
Make a comparison
Be brief and concise
A typical interview lasts 20 to 30 minutes and includes a review of the job description as well as answers to some basic questions. If you make a good impression during the phone interview, you will be invited in for an in-person interview.
Multiple interviews are frequently part of the hiring process. The number of interviews will vary depending on the company, but you should be prepared for phone, video, and in-person interviews. It could take several weeks to receive an offer. For recent college graduates, the average time from interview to offer is 24 days.
We also recommend
- CVS Health Careers Hiring Process- Job Application, Interviews and Employment
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Past Questions and Answers for Interview or Test
- How To Avoid Wardrobe Malfunctions During Online Interviews
- How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation
- Why You May Not Get Interviews After Applying for a Job