It is no more news that Federal Government has mandated all telecom subscribers and users to link their National Identity Number [NIN] to their phone numbers. A deadline has been issued and many have been trying the much they can to link it because failure to do so, the applicant risk being blocked from using his/her number again. Our update today is to show our readers how to retrieve NIN and link to MTN, Airtel, Glo, or Etisalat depending on the network provider you use.
We have been getting inquiries cutting across how to retrieve NIN on MTN, How to link NIN to Airtel, How to link NIN to Glo as well as How to link NIN to Etisalat otherwise known as 9mobile. We shall look into all of them today read up below.
How to Retrieve NIN and Link to MTN, Airtel, Glo or Etisalat (National Identification Number)
The enrollment for linking sim cards to NIN has commenced. However, a good number of people still need clearance on how to go about it.
Firstly, according to the NCC directive, you will need to enroll for National Identity Card registration if you have not done it before now. The NIN is a unique 11 digit number issued upon National ID registration. Therefore, before you know How to Retrieve NIN and Link to MTN, Airtel, Glo, or Etisalat you must first register for NIN.
How to Register for NIN
NIN registration form can be obtained online or through the NIMC form application portal. You can also access it in accredited NIN registration centres nationwide. Visit NIMC’s official website and find out an enrollment centre near you as well as the procedures for online application.
How to Retrieve NIN
We shall be taking the process one after the other. However, if you are already enrolled for NIMC NIN but forgot your NIN and want to retrieve it follow the process below.
- Dial *346# on your phone.
- Dial 1 to chose NIN retrieval option.
- If you lost your number dial 2 to get the search option. There you would be required to provide some details before you can proceed.
- Finally, before we forget ensure you are initiating this process with the number you registered NIN with.
How to Link NIN to MTN
In our process on How to Retrieve NIN and Link to MTN, Airtel, Glo or Etisalat we shall start with MTN. Read carefully below.
- Dial *785# on your phone then follow the options as displayed on your screen.
- You can also link by visiting MTN NIN registration portal https://mtnonline.com/nin and follow the steps there.
- The MyMTNApp can equally serve the purpose of linking. Download the App then submit your personal details as required on the App.
- You will get a message congratulating you and stating you should wait for the feedback.
How to Link NIN to Airtel
Airtel provides the option of USSD and website linking.
- Dial *121*1# USSD code on your phone.
- Select the No 1 option then input your unique 11 digit NIN number.
- You can also link your NIN to the Airtel website. Visit https://www.airtel.com.ng/nin and submit the required details to the link.
How to Link NIN to 9mobile
Just like Airtel, 9mobile also provides only two options for linking NIN, the USSD option, and the website.
- Dial *200*8# on your phone and follow the options as outlined.
- Visit 9mobile.com.ng/nin to commence NIN linking to the phone. However, some personal information would be required.
How to Link NIN to Glo
On the last part on How to Retrieve NIN and Link to MTN, Airtel, Glo or Etisalat we shall be detailing Glo. Unlike MTN, Airtel and 9mobile Glo provides the option of website, USSD and text message.
- Dial *109*yourNIN# on your phone then send to submit your NIN.
- Visit www.gloworld.com/ng/nin to use the website option.
- For the text option, text your NIN number to 109 in your message template. The illustration can be seen below.
Example 80123256689 to 109 then wait for the reply.
NOTE: the unique National Identification Number is eleven in number and your linking will not work if you are yet to obtain your NIN.
Additionally, *346# remains the general NIN retrieval code. If it doesn’t work and you are sure you have done the NIN enrollment urgently visit the nearest NIMC for them to take it up. Beware of duplicate websites and fake enrollment centres visit NIMC official website to see accredited enrollment centers.
Enrollment is free of charge.
To sum up, make sure you follow the procedure very well. Because nothing will stop your line from linking successfully if you do so. Also, ask your questions via the comment section and get an instant reply from us.