Canada is a North American country that has borders extending to the Pacific Ocean. It boasts a population of approximately 38 million people. The capital city is Ottawa, the country is one of the most economically vibrant countries in the world and very liberal and accommodating to immigrants.
Today on Apply for a Job we would be outlining some essential steps that are important for anybody that wants to Apply for a Job in Canada. We believe you will need this information if you want to know how to Apply for a Job in Canada from overseas, Job opportunities in Canada for immigrants, how to look for a Job in Canada, or Jobs in Canada with a work permit. If you are already a resident in Canada it is also important you go through these useful tips. Because some conditions for Jobs in Canada for Immigrants also apply to non-immigrants.
How to Apply for a Job in Canada
1. Eligibility / Requirements: If you don’t reside in the country but are interested in the job opportunities in Canada for immigrants. Then you will have to apply for a Canadian visa and then process the legal documents to be allowed entry into the country. Due to the rising demand for skilled labour in the country, Canada’s immigration visa appears a bit easier to apply for. Ensure you have no history of crime because it will be a big criterion in determining the success of your Canada immigration visa application.
The process and criteria for Canada immigration visa application online can be processed here www.immigration.ca
2. Work Permit: Upon arrival in Canada there are two options left for you. It is either you work as an immigrant in Canada or as a student. There are some jobs in Canada that do not require a work permit. You can also apply for the ones that require a work permit after you must have obtained your work permit.
Below are the portals that would be useful details on how to look for a Job in Canada. To see a comprehensive list of available Jobs in Canada and their requirements click HERE You can also apply for your Canada work permit on this website www.cic.gc
3. Social Insurance Number [SIN]: Furthermore how to Apply for a Job in Canada. You need to present your Social Security Number to anyone that desires to hire you in Canada it is compulsory. Especially for those searching for immigrant Jobs in Canada.
You can obtain your Social Insurance Number on this website www.canada.ca.
4. Prepare a CV/Resume: A CV detailing your educational qualification, experience, and contact details is very important for anybody looking for a Job in Canada. You can apply for a Job via Email, directly on the company website, or by physically visiting your intended employer. It is important you prepare your CV properly and proofread it. Because it might just be the first impression of you the employer is likely going to have.
5. Do Research on the Company: Experts will always tell you those that are looking how to Apply for a Job in Canada. Research on the intended companies and firms you want to work with is very important. Take into consideration the company’s history with employees, their policies and work ethics then compare it with others and see if you can fit into the Job.
6. Importance of Job Fairs: Whether you are already residing in Canada or not Job fairs are one of the most important ways of linking up with potential employers. Who might just be in dire need of your services and experience? Canadian immigration Jobs in demand are often secured through Job fairs.
7. Visit Job Bank or other Job Listing Websites: Job bank is one of the largest Canada Job search sites for both immigrants and citizens. It updates visitors with the most recent job offers. We advise anybody looking for how to Apply for a Job in Canada to always visit it. You can check on other available Job sites too.
Visit www.Jobbank.ca.gc to access multiple Job listings in Canada.
8. Engage Recruitment Agencies: As a visitor in Canada, the need for a recruitment agency in helping you secure a Job can not be overemphasized. A good number of Canadian immigrant Jobs are secured through agencies. Citizens also engage in their services. They offer training, orientation, and some other resources necessary for your choice of Job.
Visit www.servicecanada.gc to access Canada Service Center.
Additional Tips On How to Apply for a Job in Canada
9. Family and Friends: No man is an Island the need for family and friends while looking for a Job in Canada is very useful. We always encourage applicants to reach out to friends who might just be useful in alerting them about Job opportunities in their area. Especially for those looking for Canadian immigration Jobs in demand.
10. Cover Letter: A cover letter goes a long way in explaining your competency for the job you are applying for. Applicants are always advised to keep their Cover letter brief and precise so it is not to be read halfway by their employer. Because he might be attending to many Applications.
11. Punctuality / Interview: Your seriousness and dedication to a Job are first highlighted in your punctuality, especially on the day of the interview. Additionally, you will also need to prepare for the interview to make a sound impression of yourself to your employers.
12. Keep in touch with the Company: After an interview, if the employers are impressed with you they are most likely going to call you back. However, in most instances it is advisable you keep in touch with the company. It is best done by writing the company appreciating them for their time in granting you the interview. While strategically reminding them of your anticipation of positive feedback. Do not forget to include your contact details in your follow-up email to them.
Canada is turning into a hub for immigrants searching for greener pastures, especially for skilled immigrants. If you follow these steps on how to Apply for a Job in Canada you are most sure of getting positive results.
Lastly, make sure you follow the above procedure very well, in order to achieve a successful job application in Canada.