Ericsson Nigeria Job Recruitment for Support Engineer that will be able to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments.
In order to successfully Apply for a Job at Ericsson Nigeria and stand a very good chance of being considered for employment, Applicants should learn the brief detail about Ericsson Nigeria below and also carefully go through the Requirement, Responsibilities and Application Procedure for this Position, before clicking the apply button.
About Ericsson Nigeria
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
Job Title: Support Engineer
Req ID: 249799
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, R&D Engineer, Consulting, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Support Engineer Job Description
- You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments.
- The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
- Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software, and network knowledge.
- You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson.
- The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers.
- In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks.
- You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
- The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization.
- You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
- As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and expert more than one area.
What are the Duties of a Support Engineer in the Company?
- Customer Issue handling
- Handling of dedicated support
- Software Update Management (SUM) handling
- Remote Service Gateway (RSG) mentoring
What are the Requirements for Support Engineer Job?
- Education: Graduate with Computer Science or Communication or Telecommunication Engineering.
- Min years of experience: 5 years of customer support environment
- Domain experience: Network Application or Cloud Infrastructure
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Presentation & communication skill
- Working with people.
- Applying expertise & technology.
Required Technical Competencies:
- Highly developed IP skills and knowledge required to trace IP routing issues in the network.
- Deep understanding and troubleshooting knowledge of Diameter Protocol.
- Efficient use of Wireshark tool to filter messages based on protocol or other identifiers.
- In-depth SW and troubleshooting skills on the Juniper (JUNOS), RedBack (SSR Platform) nodes.
- Hands on experience for Ericsson Cloud Platform (HDS, BSP, Redhat, etc) offerings of Virtual Packet Core
- At least 8 – 10 years’ experience, with in-depth troubleshooting skills on Packet core nodes, namely, EPG, SAPC, SASN, SGSN, GGSN, CGSN.
- At least 5 years of experience in a customer support environment.
- Ability to independently deal with complicated technical issues and problems – covering PBC, DPI and SACC Solution implemented on SSR EPG, LTE and CS Fallback procedures
- Good knowledge of IPWorks: xDNS functionality handling for LTE attach within HPLMN and VPLMN
Please, Ensure You Share This Ericsson Nigeria Job Recruitment for Support Engineer.