Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program (CUP) 2017/2018 for International Students
Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to enroll outstanding international students for postgraduate studies in China.
Application Timeline: 15th April 2017 (Generally)
Offered annually? Yes
Type: Masters, Doctorate
Eligible Areas of Study:
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- International Communications
About the Scholarship: Chinese University Program is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports graduate students.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of Awards: This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter.
Value of Scholarship: The Chinese University Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
How to Apply:
- Step 1 – Apply to the designated Chinese universities undertaking this program.
- Step 2 – Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information System （Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in）, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. Please consult your target university for the Instructions of the CGS Information System and Agency Number.
- Step 3 – Submit all your application documents to your target university before the deadline.
You need to apply between early January and early April. Please consult the Chinese universities for the specific deadline of each year.
Learn more about the Chinese Government Scholarship
Important Notes: Only applications of recommended candidates from designated Chinese universities will be considered by CSC.