Apply for a Job as Logistics Coordinator at Medecins du Monde
Medecins du Monde Fresh Job Recruitment for Logistics Coordinator that will be able to Define and implement the logistic tools required to achieve the general objectives, in close collaboration with the general coordinator.
Candidates that are Invited to Apply for a Job at Medecins du Monde are the ones that have made these Essential Requirements listed below for this Position ready, Applicants should also learn the stated Responsibilities for this Position before proceeding with online Job application through Medecins du Monde Job recruitment website.
About Medecins du Monde
Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in healthforall policies.
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator (M/F)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Detailed Description of Logistics Coordinator Job
- Under the direct responsibility of the general coordinator, you will lead the development of the country programme logistics strategy and ensure its timely implementation.
- You provide logistics guidance, advice and support to all programme and field sites and the logistics staff in those locations as necessary or as requested.
- You ensure that MdM’s policies, systems and guidelines are implemented, used and adhered to.
What are the Roles of a Logistics Coordinator at Workplace?
- Define and implement the logistic tools required to achieve the general objectives, in close collaboration with the general coordinator.
- Define and implement logistics process and ensures that everyone is trained and respecting these processes.
- Provide input on logistics matters to the coordination team for proposal and report writing.
- Ensure the good filling and follow-up of all the logistics tools for a good capitalization at mission level (Park state, purchase follow-up, donation follow-up…).
- Responsible for all communication related to logistic issues with the emergency unit logistic referent at HQ level.
- Perform the role of technical adviser and take final responsibility for all logistical tasks of the mission.
- Responsible for the appropriate selection (in collaboration with the Referent Logistician in HQ), installation, use and maintenance of equipment across the following technical disciplines: Information Technology, Communications, Mechanics, Energy & Electricity, Cold Chain etc.
- Manage and supervise the rehabilitation of the health Centres (including waste management and infrastructure).
- Develop and maintain good network of contacts to facilitate emergency responses (customs, suppliers, other NGOs, etc.) and provide logistics support to any emergency responses as per needed.
- Support the medical team particularly on transportation: fleet management; contract with helicopters companies etc.
Procurement & Supply Chain:
- Ensure the overall supply chain management for the response in country (international & local purchases).
- In coordination with the finance coordinator, be in charge of the implementation, follow up and respect of MdM Logistics procedures (purchase, communication, stock management, fleet management, park status).
- Ensure active monitoring of the purchasing process including overseeing local customs clearance of imports, until delivery of the goods and the official handover of items against signature of receipt.
- Ensure systems mitigate risks from corruption and insecurity.
- Responsible for the definition of the logistic department staff set up, and preparation of job description.
- Responsible for the line management of specified logistics staff in accordance with HR policies and procedures, including recruitment and performance management.
- Facilitate the communication within the logistics component of the team and between the different members of the team on logistics issues.
- Brief and debrief staff on logistical and technical aspects of the Mission.
- Participate in development, review, implementation, diffusion and monitoring of MdM’s security measures in-country.
- Ensure security briefing regarding movements and means of communication to all expat and national staff joining the mission.
- Ensure the safety of offices, guesthouses.
- Monitor the security context and any deterioration in this that could affect operations and provide guidance to teams/sites as required.
- Compiling all security incidents in MdM area of intervention received from General Coordinator and fills the security incident follow up.
- Represent MdM with relevant external organisations and networks at national level and actively networking.
- Attend national Logistic or Security related external meetings (clusters, Humanitarian Forum sec meeting…) as per request by the General Coordinator (Monday and Thursday Logistic Cluster in ENCC).
What are the Required Qualifications for Logistics Coordinator Job?
- Experience in working in challenging environment.
- Experience in fleet management; management of different means of transportation
- Ability to work in emergency, to set up a logistical base and build up an operation,
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines,
- Experience in managing a large team and work in an international team (diplomacy is compulsory, but strong management also),
- Technical skills in : Security, supply chain, stock, team management, IT.
- Negotiation skills.
- Good writing and communication skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Knowledge of the country or of the region and/or logistic in an health organisation are assets
- Flexibility, Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
- Ability to communicate effectively with informants and contacts from widely-varied organizations and agencies
- Respectful, diplomatic and excellent behaviour.
- Languages: English mandatory (oral and written) and French a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (word, excel)
- Driving licence.
Conditions of Service
- Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
- Duration : 9 to 12 months
- Position to be filled end of August
- Based in Maiduguri with regular movements to Damboa base
- 2 820 euros gross monthly salary on 13 months
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost (home-work), vaccines and visas covered
- 22.5 RTT per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Punctual teleworking agreement
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Single posting.
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
Apply on or Before: 26th September, 2018.
- Telephone Applications Will Not Be Accepted
- Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
- MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.