Nigerian Prisons Service Salary Structure, Ranks and How Much They Pay Workers
The Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS) do Employ fresh Staff any time they are doing a Nationwide Job Recruitment and Candidates that wants to Apply for a Job at Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS) are always curious and eager to know more about the government agency.
The Major Questions People Ask About Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS) Payment Includes:
- Salary of Prison Service
- List of Ranks in Nigerian Prison Service
- Nigeria Prison Service Pay Slip
- Nigeria Prison Service Rank Structure
- Prison Service Pay Scales
- Nigerian Prisons Service Ranks and Salary
- Nigerian Prison Service Salary Scheme
On this Page, We will be Giving Answers to All of These Questions
Nigerian Prisons Service Ranks and Salary
The new salary structure for paramilitary personnel in Nigeria, the Consolidated Para-Military Salary Structure (CONPASS), which provides for an increase in basic salary and allowance for Nigerian prison officers and all paramilitary organizations.
- The average salary of Nigerian prisons service workers – ₦800,000-₦1,000,000 annually (₦50,000 monthly).
- The highest salary is received by the Controller-General of Prison Service, the second highest goes to the Deputy Controller Generals and Assistant Generals.
- It was stated that salary grade level 07 is automatically moved to salary grade level 08, so this means that Nigeria prison officers salaries are growing.
Note: The highest Nigerian prison service rank is the NPS Controller-General which is followed by Deputy Controllers-General (DCGs) and the Assistant Comptroller Generals respectively.
Nigeria Prison Service Pay Slip
Nigerian Prisons Service Online Payslip Updated! All you need to know about the salary payment of Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment – NPS 2018/2019-www.recruit.prisonsportal.com.ng/recruit. Pending the closure of the Nigerian Prison Recruitment, a lot of questions are coming up daily. Hence, to prevent people from travelling far and wide without an insight on the expected payment option, we have decided to update you.
The Payslip for the various ranks in the Nigeria Prison Service is not the same. It varies according to the qualifications with each applicant is employed. But, we have collated the various salary for the Nigerian Prisons Service. Therefore, we encourage you to be careful while checking the details and only access the area related to you.
Categories and Salary structure/ payslip for Nigerian Prisons Recruitment
The list below contains all the categories for the Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment, their requirements, eligible people to apply, new application portal and the salary structure (i.e how much does Nigerian Prison pay?).
Payslip for Superintendent Cadre:
- For the Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Medical, CONMESS 02. This position is for applicants with degrees of M.B.B.S; M.D; M.D.S; or equivalents from recognized universities. Also, their pay is under the CONMESS 02 salary structure listed below’
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Vetinary CONMESS 02. This is for holders of D.V.M from recognized universities.
- Deputy Superintendent of Prisons (DSP) Pharmacy, CONHESS 09. Hence for this position, applicants must have a Bachelor’s of Pharmacy degrees from recognized universities.
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons. I (ASP.I) CONPASS 09. Applicants must be holders of master’s degree from recognized Universities in the following areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Lab. Sciences, Architecture, Engineering, Radiology, etc
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons II (ASP.II), CONPASS 08. Applicants must possess first degree from recognized Universities in the following areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Estate/Town Planning, Public Health, Food Sciences, Social Works, etc.
Payslip for Inspectorate Cadre:
- Senior Inspector of Prisons (SIP), CONPASS 08. Here, applicants must have HND certificates from recognized Polytechnics/Colleges in the following areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Estate/Town Planning, Public Health, Food Sciences, Social Works etc.
- Inspector of Prisons (IP) Nursing, CONHESS 06. For this position, applicants must be registered Nurses (RN), Registered Midwives (RM) or Registered Nurses/Midwives (RNM) obtained from recognized institutions
- Assistant Inspector of Prisons (AIP), General Duty, CONPASS 06. Here, interested applicants must possess OND/NCE Obtained from recognized institutions.
Pay Slip for Assistant Cadre:
- Prisons Assistant I (PAI) CONPASS 05. For this position, applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or their equivalents with a minimum of Five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include English and Mathematics or Trade Test Grade 1
- Prisons Assistant II (PAII) CONPASS 04. Here, applicants must possess the GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE or its equivalent with a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include English or Trade Test Grade II. (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.)
- Prison Assistant III (PA.III) CONPASS 03. Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or it’s equivalents with a minimum of three (3) credits in not more than Two (2) sittings, which should include at least English or Mathematics or Trade Test Grade III for artisans. (Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.)
If you have any questions, feel free to drop it in the comment box and we will get back to you shortly.