Job Vacancy for Operations Manager at Nampak Cartons Nigeria Limited
Nampak Cartons Nigeria Limited Current Job Recruitment for Operations Manager that reside or willing to relocate to Ibadan, Oyo State. Applicants are required to have Bachelor’s degree and a post-graduate qualification.
Nampak Cartons Nigeria Limited, Ibadan, is a member of a leading packaging multinational with over 100 operations in 13 countries committed to packaging excellence. As part of our business expansion strategy, we seek to fill the post of:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
The successful candidate, a Nigerian or an expatriate will report to the Managing Director. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing the operational process of daily production,
- including formulation of implementation plans, technical settings of equipment, targets and KPIs
- Overseeing the product development process for new orders (pre-press) and the entire production process: planning of raw-material readiness, production queues, delivery schedules, and inventory control
- Managing and evaluating the costs associated with a production run, continually optimizing the cost structure and budget control through continuous-improvement and other efficiency measures
- Conducting analysis and evaluating each production process and compiling a report to be presented to the Managing Director
- Planning, scheduling, and reviewing workload and manpower to make sure targets are being met on a cost-effective basis
- Making sure the working environment maintains access to quality equipment
- Creating a detailed schedule based on strict deadlines
- Following upon interruptions to the order
- Responsible for addressing customer complaints related to their respectwe orders and developing control systems to prevent a recurrence.
- Having in-depth technical understanding of gravure machines and various finishing machines such as but not limited to die-cut, spot-UV, inspecting and folder-gluer machines.
- Ensuring the maintenance of machines and that each production run is executed optimally with regards to efficiency
- Responsibility for the implementation of production SOPs in production and development.of decision-making capabilities for subordinates
- Ensuring that the production parameters assumed in the formulation of a quotation to the customer are met during actual production runs to prevent overruns in costs
Academic Qualifications, Skills and Experience for Operations Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Printing Technology, Industrial/Mechanical Engineering
- A post-graduate qualification in business/management is desirable.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. COREN and NSE is preferred.
- Have a CAN DO Attitude, commercial orientation and understanding of business issues.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive and relevant experience in the manufacturing industry. Preferable in carton packaging.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interact with others across levels.
How to Apply for a Job at Nampak Cartons Nigeria Limited Online
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.