Job Vacancy for Brewing Technician at Guinness Nigeria Plc, 2018
Guinness Nigeria Plc is Currently Recruiting for Brewing Technician in Lagos State whose main Job will be to produce Guinness products at customer service levels and pay good attention in order to Optimize the quality of products.
The Application method of this Job is online and only Applicant that has the required experience and also meet the requirements will be considered for the Role.
About Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brewing Technician
Location: Ogba, Lagos
Reports To: Shift Brewer
Context of the Role
- Nigeria is currently the world’s third largest market for the Guinness Brand. GNPLC is striving towards world class (WCM) standards and to be the Number 1 Alcoholic Drinks Company in Nigeria. The company is investing huge resources into: growing production and sales volumes, continuous improvement of their operations, training and development of their staff (CAP) and capital for the latest technology.
- The Brewing Technicians are responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their processes, plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner. They are also responsible for participating in all Continuous improvement initiatives and P.I.Ps’ in their department and for their own training and development.
Important Duties of Brewing Technician
- To produce Guinness products at customer service levels, quality conformance and within budget.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimize overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player.
- Liase with other Brewing, Packaging, Production Services and Maintenance Technicians, Lab Technicians, Contractors and Shift Managers to ensure continuity of reliable, quality production.
- Support other team members and develop positive relationships with colleagues.
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
- Adhere to GNPLC policy and procedures for safety, health, environment and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment. Utilize and apply safe systems of working and pro-actively seek opportunities to improve work environment.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximizing plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Optimize product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence.
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
Requirements for Brewing Technician Job
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
- Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
- Positive attitude to own development and looks for opportunities to help others learn and develop.
- 3 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Ideally have an appropriate qualification in Brewing, Packaging, Engineering or Utilities (as appropriate) and/or a nationally recognized technical qualification.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.