Job Vacancy at Citibank Nigeria Limited for Corporate Bank Head
Applications are Currently Ongoing at Citibank Nigeria Limited for Corporate Bank Head, who will be responsible for strategic direction of the business, encompassing people management, strategic client management.
This Vacant Position is Located in Lagos State and any Applicant that meet the requirements for the job is expected to carefully follow the application procedure below to Apply for a Job at Citibank Nigeria Limited Online.
About Citibank Nigeria Limited
Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
Job Title: Corporate Bank Head
Ref No: 18045049
Job Category: Institutional Banking
Employee Status: Regular
Corporate Bank Head Job Description
- The Corporate Bank Head is responsible for the strategic direction of the business, encompassing people management, strategic client management, liaison with other areas of the bank to ensure superior customer service and solution development and implementation, and ensuring adherence to all legal, regulatory, compliance, risk and other policy standards.
- Corporate Banking is the relationship management team for top tier clients in Nigeria and Ghana in various sectors, including but not limited to, oil and gas, telecoms and media, consumer, general industrials, financial institutions, and government and public sector segments.
- The Corporate Banking Head manages a team of 18 Relationship Managers and Relationship Associates and support staff, ranging from C09 to C15. The team also includes a Corporate Finance unit that assists all client segments in the origination and execution of episodic transactions.
- Annual revenues of $175MM.
- The Corporate Bank Head is a member of BRCC for Nigeria and Ghana; ALCO member for Nigeria; and member of MANCOM for Nigeria.
What are the roles and responsibilities of Corporate Bank Head?
- Formulating and executing coverage strategy/business plan for names managed in the unit including account planning, calling strategy, and customer segmentation.
- Lead and manage the Corporate Bank team in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Achieving trusted advisor status through developing close working relationships with customers.
- Raise Citi’s profile with key customer seniors by interpreting macro-economic developments and industry trends
- Raise the Corporate Banking profile within Citi by building key cross-functional and cross-geographic networks.
- Champion our global network with our clients
- Strong product knowledge and analytical ability.
- Credit senior in team with in depth knowledge of credit policies and responsible for Credit decisions /approving credits for customer base. Fully accountable for credit spectrum which includes documentation, Target Market identification, MCA, FCR, due diligence and early problem recognition.
- To increase market share and share of wallet for the portfolio.
- Awareness of competitive landscape and formulating strategic responses to environmental conditions
- Review/evaluate new business opportunities from a TM and effort/risk reward perspective.
- Customer pricing models, Risk, capacity planning.
- Ensure Compliance and KYC policies adhered to for customer base.
- Managing Customer Profitability (Revenue, Expense, CoC, EBIT, and NI) and RORC Partnership with Product, Risk and O and T to deliver optimal value to the customer.
- Understand and effectively manage Citi’s global capacities and complexities; sound credit management; regulatory and compliance.
- Effective leadership;
- Multi-functional job scope – interaction across all areas of the bank;
- Customer Focus;
- Ability to utilize information effectively;
- Creating partnerships;
- Global Effectiveness;
- Ability to keep up the pace and speed with the market;
- Adapting to the high performing culture of Citi.
Future Career Prospects:
- Corporate Bank Head in a larger country
- Regional Banking Head role
- Country/Franchise Management
What skills and Academic Qualificaations are required for Corporate Bank Head Job?
- MBA/ Post Graduate
- Senior Credit Officer (SCO) or on path to becoming SCO
- Minimum 15 years of banking experience
- In-depth understanding of compliance issues, global and local regulatory requirements.
- Experience in working with and within a matrix organization and cross-functional teams.
- Experience in and in-depth understanding of banking products – loans / debts (short and long-term), cash management, trade products and finance, FX, interest rate hedging, liquidity management; corporate and structured finance; DCM; derivatives products;
- Strong knowledge of investment banking offerings (advisory, equity).
- In-depth industry knowledge
- Proven existing customer relationships
- Proven track record of senior relationships
- Strategic thinker and ability to re-align timeously in line with market dictates.
- Strong Leadership and people management skills essential.
- Strong sales / customer and business development skills.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- High standards.
- Relationship building.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Planning skills.
- Process and Controls.
- Managing a Matrix.
- Deal Origination and Execution Skills.
- Proven ability to leverage the Citi global network and handle complex, challenging environment.
- Proven ability to originate and close complex deals/ solutions.
- Proven ability to act as a financial advisor.
- Ability to coordinate and manage customer credit and marketing activity in a number of different countries.
- Ability to manage risk in portfolio.
- Driven and results oriented
- Sound Business judgment
- Integrity, Respect and Balance
- Tolerance for risk
- High tolerance for ambiguity
Application Deadline: Not Specified.