Apply for a Job at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) for a Legal Officer
United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, is a Nigerian multinational financial institution. It is one of Africa’s best and most resilient banking Groups with operations in 19 African countries and offices in three global financial centers: London, Paris and New York.
United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc is one of Africa’s largest financial institutions with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centers; New York, London and Paris. UBA has more than eight million customers and 700 business offices globally.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Reference No: #RMD004
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- Group Risk Management Directorate strives to achieve sound corporate governance, robust compliance and effective risk management processes for credit, market and liquidity.
- Strategies deployed help build robust capital management, effective risk monitoring and proactive risk mitigation.
- Advisory, Analytics, Communications, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, Research
- Render legal opinions to other sectors of the Bank.
- Oversee the preparation of legal agreements, opinions and other documents and review same.
- Monitor proposed legislation, review new legislation and advise on the impact for the Bank.
- Oversee the Bank’s relationship with external solicitors including selection of solicitors, negotiation of retainer agreements and approval of solicitors’ bills for professional services.
- Disseminate information within the Bank on frequently arising legal issues .
- Participate in meetings of various other committees, Bank activities and inter-sectoral meetings as required.
- Generate various reports, policy documents, etc as required by Executive Management or the Board.
- Tract workflow of departments and units to ensure timely delivery of service
- Oversee the litigation portfolio of the Bank including debt recovery litigation.
- Review out-of-court settlement proposals and concessions on debt recovery accounts.
- Oversee the perfection of legal documents, maintain Bank’s securities database and oversee management of the Bank’s collateral documents.
- Minimum of 3 years post-NYSC experience
- Minimum of Second Class Lower degree in Law (LLB)
- Minimum of Second Class Lower from Law School (BL)
How To Apply for a Job at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Apply on or Before: 19th February, 2018.