Apply for a Job at Guinness Nigeria Plc for Technical Operators
Guinness Nigeria, a subsidiary of Diageo Plc of the United Kingdom, was incorporated in 1962 with the building of a brewery in Ikeja, the heart of Lagos. The brewery was the first Guinness operation outside Ireland and Great Britain. Other breweries have been opened over time – Benin City brewery in 1974 and Ogba brewery in 1982.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Technical Operator
Location: Benin, Edo
Reports To: Shift Manager
Context of the Role
- GNPLC is striving towards world class and to be the Number 1 Alcoholic Drinks Company in Nigeria. The company is investing huge resources into growing production and sales volumes, continuous improvement of their operations, training and development of their staff
- The Packaging Technical Operators are responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment in a safety conscious manner to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner. They are also responsible for participating in all improvement initiatives.
Purpose of the Role
- To produce Guinness products in a safe and professional approach to achieve customer service levels, quality conformance and within budget.
- To apply technical process continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimize overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player
- The Nigerian beer market is very complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus
- Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery in a highly unionized working environment.
- Create the conditions for people to succeed: Liaise with other Brewing, Packaging, Production Services and Maintenance Technicians, Laboratory Technicians, Contractors and Shift Managers to ensure continuity of reliable, quality production. Support other team members and develop positive relationships with colleagues
- Constantly deliver great performance- Effective management of facility activities for departmental and organizational effectiveness
- Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
- Total ownership of production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
- Optimize product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering (RFT) Right First Time against the Global Finished Product Specification on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s or (RCPS) Root Cause Problem Solving to prevent re-occurrence.
- Carries out the labelling operation of the packaging process and also oversees the coding of the bottles
- Operates the pasteurizer machine as the case may be and also carries out change over on the machines
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down
Qualifications and Experience
- HND Mechanical/ Electrical/ instrumentation field and ideally have an appropriate qualification in Brewing, Packaging, Engineering or Utilities in addition
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery, drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
How to Apply for a Job at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply