Guinness Nigeria, a subsidiary of Diageo Plc of the United Kingdom, was incorporated in 1962 with the building of a brewery in Ikeja, the heart of Lagos. The brewery was the first Guinness operation outside Ireland and Great Britain. Other breweries have been opened over time – Benin City brewery in 1974 and Ogba brewery in 1982.
The Scholarship Description
This scholarship will provide full tuition for Engineering graduates to enroll for the 2017/2018 one year NAPTIN Graduate Skills Development Programme (NGSDP).
This intensive programme equips graduates with the technical skills they need to build successful careers in the Nigerian Power Sector. By offering this scholarship, Guinness Nigeria seeks to play a part in developing Nigeria’s power sector while fostering Youth development across Nigeria.
We welcome applications from candidates from all parts of Nigeria. However in Line with our corporate social responsibilities and commitments to our host communities, we strongly encourage applications from candidates from our host communities listed below:
- Ogba, Ikeja Local Government Area, Lagos State
- Oregbeni, Oregbeni lkpoba-Okha Local Government Area, Edo State
- Egbeluowo, Osisioma Ngwa Local Government Area, Abia State
- Odeukwu, Osisioma Ngwa Local Government Area, Abia State
- Candidates must be University/Polytechnic Electrical /Electronic or Mechanical Engineering graduates who have completed their National Youth Service Corps programme.
Note: To submit an online application (Click on the ‘Sign Up as a Trainee’ tab on the home page). Upon receipt of submitted applications, NAPTIN will send details of the selection test to candidates. Candidates from the above communities who have already applied following NAPTIN’s earlier advert need not reapply.
- Shortlisted candidates for this scholarship will be required to write the NAPTIN selection test and provide a letter of introduction from the Chairman of their Community Development Association.
- For more information about the NAPTIN Graduate Skills Development Programme, please visit: www.naptin.gov.ng
- You may also contact: Olalekan Oregbesan (Programme Coordinator); firstname.lastname@example.org ; Mobile number: 07067777559.
How To Apply for a Scholarship at Guinness Nigeria
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply