Apply for Dangote Group October 2018 Job Recruitment
Current Job Recruitment at Dangote Group (Refinery) for Concrete Coordinator, Laboratory Shift in Charge Officer, Civil Engineer, Stock Controller, Batching Plant Supervisor and Laboratory Shift Chemist.
Candidates should also go through this page to see the Descriptions of these Jobs, Duties of Employee and Required Qualifications.
About Dangote Group
The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
Full Details of the Job Vacancies at Dangote Group for October 2018
Brief Description of Concrete Coordinator Job at Dangote Group
- As a Concrete coordinator you will plan and implement the on-going construction projects that use concrete, you must be expert in the properties of concrete, the principles of design and typically you must have vast knowledge in concrete testing and integrity.
Duties of a Concrete Coordinator at Dangote Group
- Allocation of Grade Wise Concrete to respective batching Plant a day before it is required. Dispatch of ready mix transit mixers to allocated spots.
- Maintaining readiness of site to accept ready mix concrete.
- Experience in the concrete, cement or construction industries
- Prior supervisory experience Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact with customers Superior organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities and projects Eagerness to achieve and mainta
Essential Requirements for Concrete Coordinator Job at this Dangote Group October 2018 Job Recruitment
- 3-5 years’ experience in operations of Running Batching plants to ensure seamless & timely delivery of concrete. Civil/ Mechanical Engineering – Diploma /Graduate.
Brief Description of Laboratory Shift in Charge Officer Job at Dangote Group
- We are looking for Laboratory Shift in Charge Candidates for Refinery.
- It is essential that the candidate should have relevant Refinery, experience/Petrochemical Plants experience, to build the World’s largest single stream train Greenfield refinery and Petrochemical complex site based candidates for Nigeria, Lagos.
Duties of a Laboratory Shift in Charge Officer at Dangote Group
- Well versed in ISO9000 & 17025 standard procedures and its requirements Familiar with Laboratory GLP practices
- Team Building & Management.
- Fire Fighting & Safety (Personnel, process and procedures)
- Emergency Response, Administrative processes, procedures Impart Training & demonstrate competency in o Refinery / Polypropylene Analysis. o Water, waste water and Process chemicals analysis. o Solution preparation and lab. Instrument Calibration procedures / steps o Blend study of various streams. o Preparation of Standard operating procedures.
- Associate with Instrument service engineers for installation of Lab instruments.
- Getting training on safe start up & shut down, Trouble shooting and Routine Maintenance of the Lab Instruments.
- Well versed in ISO 9000 & 17025 standards system procedures and its requirements Follow GLP practices & Supervise Lab staff, contract staff etc.,
- Fire Fighting & Safety (Personnel, process and procedures)
- Emergency Response, Administrative processes, procedures
- During Emergency Response, he becomes the Incident Commander for Lab.
- Ensure that team is up to date with emergency training
- Understand the testing plan and ensures testing as per standard test procedures / guidelines.
- Perform critical analysis and instrument calibrations.
- Responsible for sample receiving and testing for process units and utilities samples as per schedule.
- Ensuring technical trainings to chemists and are up to date, and providing assistant to chemist as and when required.
- Identify specific performance issues with team members and ensure appropriate corrective actions are undertaken.
- Conduct timely performance review of testing requirements and assist in the development and progression.
- Ensure appropriate shift coverage (people, equipments, procedures etc) and effectiveness of the shift operation.
- Prepare shift report, provide instructions to the next shift and ensure proper handover.
Essential Requirements for Laboratory Shift in Charge Officer Job at this Dangote Group October 2018 Job Recruitment
- A B.Sc., / M.Sc., Degree in Chemistry with minimum 60 % marks degree are eligible.
- The applicant must have min 10 years total experience and min 5 years in Refinery / Polypropylene in lab operations and preference will be given to those candidates having shift supervising experience.
- The applicant should have good back ground knowledge in Refinery / Petrochemical testing and well versed in handling Refinery, polypropylene and water testing instruments viz. Octane / Cetane engines, JFTOT.
Brief Description of Civil Engineer Work at Dangote Group
- We are looking for candidates with vast experience in a reputable construction company, in civil works such as piling, large industrial buildings, slip form construction, etc.
Roles of a Civil Engineer at Dangote Group
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pert
Essential Requirements for Civil Engineer Job at this Dangote Group October 2018 Job Recruitment
- B.Sc in Civil Engineering with 6 years’ experience and above.
Brief Description of Stock Controller Job at Dangote Group
- The job purpose of the Stock Controller’s role is to manage the usage and replenishment of raw materials for concrete mix.
- A key aspect of the role is maintaining the stock levels within the budget set by the business and Ensure all inventory and stock management systems are maintained accurately, within the agreed parameters in a timely manner.
Roles of a Stock Controller at Dangote Group
- Supervise and oversee usage of raw materials and time keeping of deliveries and reporting to central stores
- Appropriate inventory report on daily basis at bulk storage and mixture
- Coordination with weigh bridge operator of deliveries
- Direct the drivers for off-loading the materials
- Ensure the regulation of in-stock level complies with inventory parameters.
- Develop inventory control models that promote lower cost of production, shorter lead times and reduced stock levels.
Essential Requirements for Stock Controller Job at this Dangote Group October 2018 Job Recruitment
- A B.Sc degree in Business Administration or a Management related degree. 2-5 years’ work experience in Inventory management and supply chain management
Brief Description of Batching Plant Supervisor Job at Dangote Group
- This role is primarily responsible for oversight, coordination, planning and batching/loading of daily production activities to ensure uninterrupted supply and delivery of ready mix concrete to our customers.
- It is also responsible for driving efficiencies, while maintaining a strong safety culture.
Roles of a Batching Plant Supervisor at Dangote Group
- Coordinates and deliver all materials needed in daily operation and production of ready mix
- Coordinate with truck mixer drivers, loader operators and other equipment associated with batching plant for timely supply to the plant
- Maintain the batching plant during operation daily particularly regular cleanup of mixer plant and surrounding
- Notify production manager of overtime at batching plant and mixer drivers
Essential Requirements for Batching Plant Supervisor Job at this Dangote Group October 2018 Job Recruitment
- A degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with 2-3 years’ work experience in concrete ready mix plants also with a good knowledge of running and maintaining of Batching plants.
- Dangote Oil Refinery is building the World’s largest single stream Greenfield refinery and Petrochemical complex site at Nigeria, Lagos.
- We are looking Candidates for Laboratory Shift Chemist position for advanced, sophisticated and modern Refinery cum Polypropylene testing Laboratory.
- It is essential that the candidate should have relevant experience like Refinery / Petrochemical / Polypropylene operation units Lab.
Roles of a Laboratory Shift Chemist at Dangote Group
- Shift Chemist is to carry out the analysis of various unit streams, Intermediate and Finished products from Refinery and Polypropylene samples and water & waste water samples from operation and utility units as per agreed schedule and entering in to LIMS.
- Knowledge on ASTM, IP, UOP, ISO etc., standard procedures & its requirements and Good Laboratory practices
- Testing of samples as per prescribed standard test methods like ASTM, UOP & IP etc., and under supervisor guidelines.
- Recording of test results in their note books in relevant registers and excel sheet, Preparation of standard solutions and their calibrations.
- Analysis of check samples as and when required.
- Information of test results in case of any discrepancy in testing and instruments to supervisor.
- Following all GLP & safety guidelines and procedures for accident free work.
- He should have thorough knowledge of petroleum / Petrochemical, water and waste water analysis and their significance.
- He should ensure maximum operational flexibility and to cover contingencies.
- Getting training on safe startup & shut down, minor trouble shooting and Routine Maintenance of the Lab Instruments
Essential Requirements for Laboratory Shift Chemist Job at this Dangote Group October 2018 Job Recruitment
- A B.Sc., / M.Sc., degree in chemistry with minimum 60 % marks degree are eligible.
- The applicant must have experience of 3 – 5 years in Refinery / Petrochemical / Polypropylene lab shift operations.
- The applicant should have back ground of Refinery / petrochemical / Polypropylene testing and well versed in handling Hydrocarbon and water & Waste water testing procedures.
- Hands on experience in sophisticated advanced analytical instruments related to Refinery & polypropylene products like Octane / Cetane engines, JFTOT, MSEP, GCs (RGA, SIMDIST, and Reformulyzer etc.), HPLC, IC, ICP, AAS, ED- XRF & WD- XRF, MFI, UTM, Injection moulding machine, etc. are preferred.