Apply for a Job as Sector Manager at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger Ongoing Job Recruitment for Sector Manager that will be readily available to Contribute to the development of technical and operational capitalization documents based on knowledge management and learning plans.
Interested Persons that wants to Apply for a Job at Action Against Hunger must have obtained the required quallifications for this Position, he/she should be staying or be willing to relocate to Maiduguri, Borno State in order to effectively work after being issued employment letter.
About The Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Job Title: Sector Manager – High Intensity Labour and Youth Employment
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector Manager Job Description
- The position is based in Maiduguri, Borno State and reports to the RESILAC Project Coordinator. The RESILAC project, “Lake Chad Inclusive Economic and Social Recovery” aims to provide a response combining emergency, rehabilitation and recovery in the Lake Chad region (bordering with Cameroon, Niger, Nigeria and Chad) – an area affected by an economic and social crisis, recurring climate shocks and a regional security crisis. The project has received support from the French Development Agency and the European Union (via the EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa).
- The Sector Manager – High intensity Manual Labour and Youth Employment will play a key role in supporting the RESILAC Project Coordinator, developing and leading the rehabilitation of community productive assets through High Intensity Manual Labour (HIMO) and the development professional insertion opportunities for young men and women.
- The RESILAC project provides an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the international environment within this multi-country intervention and establish relationships with professionals working in other RESILAC countries (Chad, Cameroon, Niger) as well as with the other consortium partners based in Europe.
What are the Job Duties of a Sector Manager?
- Technical and operational lead of High Labor intensive work and youth employment activities in target areas.
- Ensure project management, oversight and reporting for the High Intensity Manual Labour and Youth Employment pillar.
- Represent Action Against Hunger externally at the local government level and technical work groups.
- Strategic planning and operations set-up for High intensity Manual Labour and Youth Employment of the RESILAC programme (High Labor intensive work).
- Contribute to the development of technical and operational capitalization documents based on knowledge management and learning plans.
- Contribute from a technical perspective to the creation of a project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system, in close collaboration with the project’s MEAL Manager, other Sector Managers and the National Project Coordinator
Required Qualifications for Sector Manager Position
- Clear understanding of child protection and gender principles and issues.
- Good understanding of the North East Nigeria Operating environment.
- Previous experience with cash for work or high intensity labour work projects.
- Understanding of Hausa or Kanuri language.
- CaLP level 2 experience.
- Degree or Post Graduate Qualification preferably in Economics, Business management, Social Sciences, Agriculture, Education and other relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in economic recovery or professional insertion programmes for youth, and at least 1 year in managerial positions.
- Proven management and coordination skills and experience (HR, budgets, projects, and stress management).
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
- Experience with evaluations and monitoring as well as Program Cycle Management.
Apply on or Before: 16th July, 2018.